Why OpenIMS Document Management?
- Create a complete view of your business. Access all of the information, documents, and applications that you use. Find and reuse timely and relevant information from systems and reports, and quickly locate and access documents, projects, and best practices by searching or browsing-all through the portal.
- Put relevant information at your fingertips. Be more productive by having immediate access to up-to-date, relevant information. You can organize all of the information that you access throughout the day in a single view. With single sign-on, OpenIMS provides direct access to the sections of an application that most interest you-without having to remember a password. In combination with OpenIMS Portal Server audience targeting enables IT professionals to customize an experience for you based on your role, hierarchy, or interests-pushing relevant news, links, files, applications, and Web Services to your portal. Plus, you can even sign up for alerts to find out when information has been created or updated anywhere in the portal.
- Share knowledge across the organization. Make it easy for business units, teams, and individuals to contribute content.
- Find and make the most of organization's intellectual capital. The search technology in OpenIMS enables you to locate files, project plans, and best practices in file shares, Web sites, Microsoft Exchange Public Folders, Lotus Notes and databases instead of re-creating the wheel. You can find more than just documents and Web sites; OpenIMS provides access to the people and teams that contribute knowledge to your organization. You can also organize information, files, and sites, enabling you to find a wealth of relevant information by browsing.
- Automate business processes. OpenIMS DMS helps relevant information find you through Alerts and Audience Targeting. Alerts notify you when any relevant file has been added or changed. OpenIMS can even alert you when a specific expert or team adds new information to the portal.
Audience targeting enables IT groups to push relevant information and applications to a group of users with similar job roles, titles, or interests. Audiences can be created from the Directory service, distribution lists, hierarchies, or any other criteria that you define.
- Speed adoption by using familiar interfaces and tools. New technologies often fail because they are too hard to use, and few employees have time to attend lengthy training courses. OpenIMS speeds user adoption and lowers training costs by using a familiar browser interface and allowing users to perform tasks with their Microsoft Office programs, such as provisioning a Document, searching the portal, and receiving alerts in e-mail.
- Reduce development time and cost with out-of-the-box services. Deploy OpenIMs DMS right out of the box without any additional development work. Services such as search, site management, topics, news are available immediately. Web Parts that provide read/write access to programs such as Microsoft Office are also available right out of the box, lowering your development costs.
- Ease deployment with flexible options. Regardless of whether your organization wants to take a top-down or bottom-up deployment approach to portal development, OpenIMS has a model that fits your needs. The portal is built on a scalable, highly distributed architecture that you can deploy on a single box or server farm. You can link sites, business unit portals, and the enterprise portal together at any time, enabling knowledge to be shared across an organization.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news?
Sign up for our newsletter