NL-3431 AK Nieuwegein
phone : +31(0)30 60 35 640
fax : +31(0)30 63 00 333
OpenIMS Content Management Server offers complete feature sets for content contribution and delivery, site development, and enterprise site management to enable businesses to effectively create, deploy, and manage Internet, Intranet, and Extranet sites.
Comprehensive Solution for Managing Web Content
- Web Author Publishing Application. Empowers business users to create and publish rich Web content by means of their Internet browsers.
- Template-based Publishing. Centrally manage branding, navigation, layout, and corporate publishing standards through authoring and presentation templates.
- Authoring Connector for Microsoft Office. Empowers business users to create and publish rich content by using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Publishing Tasks. Streamline the publishing process by creating publishing tasks that automate repetitive steps.
- Publishing Workflow. Ensure content is properly reviewed and approved prior to publication by developing multi-step role-based workflow customized to meet your business needs.
- Content Scheduling. Ensure content is always published on time and is never out of date by automating your publishing and archiving schedule.
- Real-Time Site Updates. Streamline the content deployment process by enabling business users to safely publish content in the staging environment.
- Page Revision History. Enable users to perform ad hoc audits by automatically storing content revisions and page versions.
- Object-based Repository. Ensure maximum flexibility by storing content as individual content objects-separated from the code and design elements of the Web site-in the OpenIMS XML datastore. Storing the content as objects makes it possible to dynamically generate content, enabling personalization and enhancing flexibility.
- Dynamic Page Assembly. Dynamically assemble pages to personalize content based on user profile, device, and language preference.
- Dynamic Template Switching. Switch templates quickly to present content in different styles and layouts to support diverse sets of browsing devices or environments.
- Connected Content Pages. Easily share content across multiple pages within the Web site.
Faster Time to Deploy and Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Open Source PHP Integration. Build content management applications quickly and easily by using PHP and capitalize on the full power of PHP software in content management applications.
- Controls. Build applications faster with pre-built content management developer controls.
- Connected Content Pages. Publish content quickly and easily through multiple presentation templates to multiple locations or Web sites.
- Content Management Server SDK. Take advantage of the power of the OpenIMS Content Management Server development environment (FLEX).
- Managed Content Deployment API. Extend the integrated deployment solution for highly-customized deployment operations using the managed deployment API (FLEX).
- Source Code Management Support. Support source code versioning, branching, archival, and team-based development as well as industry-leading source code management tools such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe® to manage application code.
- Integrates with various RDBMS. Benefit from tight integration with various relational databases for scalable and reliable content storage.
- Integrates with osCommerce. Integrate with osCommerce Server (www.osCommerce.com) to build content-rich sites with integrated e-commerce functionality, content profiling, personalization, and Web site analysis and reporting tools.
- Integrates with OpenIMS Document Management Server. Integrate with OpenIMS DMS to build content-rich sites with integrated search, document management, and knowledge worker portal services.
- Integrates with Microsoft Office. Integrate with Office to empower business users to create and publish rich Web content directly from Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Integrates with ERP systems. Fully integrates data from legacy systems such as Baan and SAP.
- Production Quality Solution Sites. Build end-to-end solutions quickly with pre-built production quality solution sites.
- Support for Industry-Standard Network Load Balancing Hardware and Software. Support for load-balanced Web servers provides maximum scalability and availability by using industry-standard software or hardware-based load balancing technology.
- Symmetric Multiprocessing Support. Scale up with your hardware through direct support for multiple CPUs within the same computer.
- Dynamic Content Caching. Achieve maximum page serving performance by caching of both static and dynamic content.
- XML Content Support. Manage content in XML format with XML Placeholder Objects.
- XSLT Style Sheet Support. Support for content styling through standard Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT) style sheets
- XSD Validation Support. Support for content validation through XML schema definitions (XSDs).
- XML Web Services Support. Support for exposing content and functionality within the system as standard XML Web services.
- Distributed Administration. Optimized management of multiple sites on the same Web server or highly distributed Web sites.
- Directory Service Integration. Full support for LDAP compliant Directory services.
- Integrated Site Deployment Solution. The Site deployment module provide system administrators with a deployment solution that supports scheduled and automated deployments, incremental deployments for maximum performance, and transactional deployments for roll-back support.
- Site Deployment Manager. Import and export content and templates for deployment and replication between servers.
- Site Manager. Easily create and manage the site map, templates galleries, roles, and permissions in the Site Manager.
- Server Configuration Application. Configure your servers remotely and securely right from your browser.
- Extensible Workflow. Extend the workflow to integrate tightly with your existing business processes and workflow systems using the workflow hooks event model.
- Extensible Server Modules. Extend the development environment by customizing pre-built modules or adding your own modules.
- Extensible Publishing Application. Extend the publishing environment to support your existing business processes and integrate with existing publishing applications.
- Extensible Deployment Solution. Extend the integrated deployment solution for highly customized deployment operations using the managed deployment API.
- Extensible Object Properties. Extend the properties on content objects for content integration with other data systems.